Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Thursday, August 28, 2014

What a wonderful staff

Well, I keep getting really nice notes and I can't possibly post them all, but I have a few more I'd like to share.


I got back from the APWA Conference in Toronto this past Friday evening. Saturday I got up and moved my oldest son (a Jinks  Scholarship Recipient) to Mississippi to start a new job as a Quality Control Chemist for Drexel Chemical Company. Sunday (starting Saturday night) we were in Sharon, TN, for the baptism of my two grandnephews. So, when I finally got to catch up on my mail Monday, I found a very nice note from you. I want to thank you so much for the personal note. The issue about donating employee sick leave that I brought up in that IPS ERC meeting meant something to me, as the Jackson Office had wanted to do just that, and the rules wouldn’t let us do what we wanted to do. You pointed out to me that I should always remember from the fact that those rules are now being changed that one person can make a difference. Well, this one person could not have made a difference if you had not chosen to champion the issue. When it was discussed that the UT rules were the way they were, and that they were not in alignment with the state, you were the one who said that it wouldn’t hurt to ask if they could be changed. So, thank you for that. I will remember that one person can make a difference. Also, thank you for endowing the Jinks Scholarship. Both of my sons have been recipients and our whole family appreciates what you did. 
Thank you for the time that you and Jack took to talk to my son, David, at this year’s annual conference. With David being interested in a law enforcement career, he appreciated Jack sharing his experience and advice. Speaking of making a difference, and of championing, thank you for championing IPS and MTAS.  Good and bad, it is the best job I have ever had. I feel like we make a difference to Tennessee, and I am proud to tell people that I work here. Best Wishes, John (Chlarson, MTAS)

Thank you for sending the kind note and also for the opportunity to work here with the Institute for Public Service. As a first generation college grad, the University of Tennessee means a lot to me too. I hope your next endeavors are rewarding and meaningful and continue to impact our state and our communities. Kim (Raia, CTAS)
 
Thank you so much for forwarding the copy of Exchange which announced the OTI Ed Center rollout. Also, thank you for your kind remarks in the enclosed card. I have often said that coming to IPS/CIS was one of the best career decisions I ever made. The overall success of this organization has happened in no small measure due to your dedication and leadership. I thank you for your service to my University and my state. I hope that once you can navigate past some of the short term challenges, that you and Jack can enjoy a happy joyful retirement. If you guys ever find yourselves in the Dandridge area, Patty and I would love to have you drop by for a visit…we have plenty of porches for sitting (and sippin…) Kind Regards, Walter (Idol, CIS)
 

Hello, Mary. I recently became aware of your announcing your imminent departure from IPS and just wanted to send you a note. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to continue my work in public service through several years of employment at UT, and thank you also for the opportunity to participate in the IPS Leadership Academy. I always found encouragement in your confidence and support through some very difficult times at MTAS. I wish you and your family the very best in days ahead. Sincerely, Gary (Petree, former MTAS)
 
As you move into the next amazing chapter of your life, know that our very best wishes and thoughts go with you. Thank you for your dedication and hard work. Tammy (Gage, CIS)

I just wanted to send you best wishes on your up-coming retirement.  I hope you get to do all the things you’ve wanted to do and spend lots of time spoiling the grand kids!!  Best wishes, Sherri (Cooper-Duru, CIS)

 
I wish you well in your retirement endeavors.  Thank you for the opportunity that you gave me to come back to UT and serve the university and its interests. Regards, Keith (Ridley , CIS)


 

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621