Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Thursday, May 1, 2014

How Adaptable Are You?

A recent article from Cambridge Leadership Associates asked this series of questions on a scale of strongly agree to strong disagree:

1.  I often push myself to move away from the status quo or business as usual.

2.  I regularly take stock of all my responsibilities, discerning which activities are critical and which are expendable, letting go those that no longer support a core function.

3.  I understand the difference between management and leadership and value both skill sets in the workplace.

4.  I am not afraid to raise unpopular positions in my workplace.

5.  I occasionally pull myself away from the everyday tasks and routines to gain perspective on what is really going on and what direction we are taking.

6.  I identify and act to close the gap that exists between the way I am living my life now and what I want to be doing.

So, how adaptable are you? To learn more visit cambridge-leadership.com/index.php.

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621