Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Monday, October 1, 2012

SCUPSO Fall Meeting

Last week I attended the fall directors' meeting of SCUPSO, the Southern Consortium of University-based Public Service Organizations. I was thinking about how to put all I learned into a new blog post when my friend from UNC Chapel Hill posted his blog!

Far be it from me to try to outdo Mike Smith, so I'm simply referring you to his blog. He had some really nice things to say about our work at UT.  In addition, I learned from him about how he has a separate foundation for private gifts and how he uses his advisory council, not just for advice, but for making connections, advocacy and fundraising.

I always leave these meetings excited about all the work that is going on, across the southeast in particular, to help cities, counties and states improve.

http://mrs.sog.unc.edu/?p=3847

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621