Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Compensation, Benefits and Work/Life Balance

One of the categories evaluated in the Employee Engagement Survey is called "Compensation, Benefits and Work/Life Balance." The questions that address this issue include:

* I am paid fairly for my work. (53%)
* This institute's benefits meet my needs. (70%)
* My supervisor/department chair supports my efforts to balance my work and personal life. (81%)
* The institute's policies and practices give me the flexibility to manage my work and personal life. (71%)

The number in parentheses indicates the percent of respondents who either agreed or strongly agreed with this statement. The overall score in this category was 68% positive and 10% negative.

Employees who were most satisfied in this area are either those who (1) are 40-44 years of age, (2) have been with IPS less than two years, or (3) expect to stay 6-9 years.

The Employee Relations Committee and the HR Strategy Team will be analyzing the data further to determine specific things we can do to improve compensation, benefits and work/life balance.

What suggestions do you have?

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621