Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Friday, April 27, 2012

Supervisor/Department Chairs

One of the categories evaluated in the Employee Engagement Survey is called "Supervisors/Department Chairs." The questions that address this issue include:

* My supervisor makes his/her expectations clear (62%)
* I receive feedback from my supervisor that helps me (59%)
* I believe what I am told by my supervisor (61%)
* My supervisor regularly models this institute's values (60%)
* My supervisor is consistent and fair (57%)
* My supervisor actively solicits my suggestions and ideas (55%)
* I have a good relationship with my supervisor (75%)

The number in parentheses indicates the percent of respondents who either agreed or strongly agreed with this statement. The overall score in this category was 61% positive and 8% negative.

Employees who were most satisfied in this area are either those who (1) are 60-64 years of age, (2) have been here less than two years, or (3) expect to stay 3-5 years.

The Employee Relations Committee and the HR Strategy Team will be analyzing the data further to determine specific things we can do to improve supervisors.

What suggestions do you have?

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621