Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Monday, February 6, 2012

Personal Privilege - The Circle of Life

Although my posts are generally directed toward the activities of the institute, a particularly challenging January begs a personal response.

At the passing of my dear, sweet mother-in-law, I received an outpouring of encouragement and support from across the institute. Although I have only been a part of her family for a few years, she made me feel welcome. She suffered a great deal during her last six months and I am grateful that she no long suffers. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Just as my mother-in-law was in her final days, the great news came that my only child is expecting! Due in August, we are thrilled to share the good news. I have three step-grandchildren who I enjoy immensely. I look forward to the years ahead as "Gigi". Again, thanks for your words of congratulations and encouragement.

One of the reasons IPS is such a great place to work is because we don't just work together, but we care about each other. We share in pain and in celebration. For that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621