Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What are you reading?

I'm always in the middle of two or three books. They help keep me current on leadership trends and refresh my thinking.

I have a number of all time favorites. If you have not read "Good to Great" by Jim Collins and "Leading Change" by John Kotter, I would put those at the top of your list.

Last year I read a series of books by Marcus Buckingham. You might be intrigued by their titles: "First, Break All the Rules", "Now, Discover Your Strengths", and "Go Put Your Strengths to Work". All were fairly easy reads.

I'm about to start "7 Lessons for Navigating the Storm" by Bill George. I've read a summary and it sounds interesting.

Reading is a very cost effective way to stay current in your field. If you are interested in any book on management or leadership, contact Tom Kohntopp at tom.kohntopp@tennessee.edu. There's a good chance he'll have the book in our IPS "library."

No comments:

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621