Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

UT/Institute for Public Service



Monday, November 23, 2009

Generations Training

I won't spoil the fun for those of you who have not attended the training yet, but since it's fresh on my mind after attending recently, I have to comment!

First, the program and Macel were great. It is among the most enjoyable programs I've attended - and I've attended a lot in my 26 years at UT!

What strikes me as we focus on this issue is the demographics of the IPS work force. We have a few traditionalists and a few Gen Y's. But, the bulk of our work force is baby boomers. I guess that's not surprising given the nature of our work.

We all work and communicate differently and we each have an obligation to learn from and appreciate all styles. Work can be serious and enjoyable at the same time. Right Macel? Weltanschauung!

1 comment:

Scott Gordy said...

I agree, I throughly enjoyed the training and have actually put into practice some of the training! Good Job!

Border Photo

Institute for Public Service
105 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-6621